Damart can be found in France, UK and Belgium. Distributing products to over 10million customers worldwide, Damart are constantly adjusting collections to inspire fun, vitality, innovation and care through products and our customer relationships.
We are passionate about our customers and our excellent reputation stems from the key benefits we offer our customers – outstanding value for money, excellent customer service, speedy delivery and comfortable, stylish clothing. When you join us, you’ll be joining a company that’s focused on putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Reporting to the Inbound Manager, the Assistant Merchandiser will work as part of the Inbound and Product Team, assisting in planning and delivering departmental KPI’s with key focus on stock KPI’s.
Core tasks include;
• Reviewing stock requirements to sku level and making recommendations to what is required to ensure future service is maximised
• Ensuring stocks are optimised by managing over stocks as well as under stocks
• Placing and chasing all initial and repeat orders as agreed with the Inbound manager, confirming orders with suppliers
• Identifying problem styles and recommending additional demand activity to clear stocks or a plan to ensure service risk is kept to a minimum
• Manage ‘to follow’ file by chasing and prioritising purchase orders and completing weekly reporting to ensure waiting orders are released to customers as quickly as possible
• Carry out weekly reviews to monitor demand and ensure all information is accurate whilst making recommendations to the merchandiser regarding potential buys/cancelled orders/deferred orders/substitutes/setting of refunds etc
• Ensure all orders are delivered on time and take action where required
• Identify airfreight where needed, taking a commercial view of requirements to maximise service
• Develop a good relationship with the warehouse, working together to ensure business priorities are communicated and carried out
Additional tasks will include assisting in the preparation of departmental reporting and range planning, assisting in planning and presenting in meetings where required. You will also be expected to second for the line manager when required.
Essential Skills and Qualities:
If you are a down to earth team player who is highly numerate and bringing excellent Excel skills to the table then we are looking for you!
Educated to degree level is desirable but not essential to the right candidate who can demonstrate an excellent experience to date in merchandising including stock management, assisting merchandiser at department level tasks and understanding of the merchandiser role.
Being proactive with the ability to question, challenge and initiate change whilst still being aligned with the business goals is key to the success of the role.
Being highly organised and having excellent attention for detail is also a must!
What’s in it for you?
As well as a rewarding career with learning and development opportunities, Damart colleagues also receive;
• Generous holiday entitlement
• Auto Enrolment Pension scheme
• Onsite free parking for colleagues at both sites
• Onsite subsidised canteen on both sites
• 50% colleague discount on all catalogue and shop products
• Reward and Recognition scheme
• Discount Directory—a range of discounts at various local businesses
|Contract||Fixed Term 18 months|
|Hours||Full Time; 37.5 hours per week|
|Pattern||Monday - Friday 8:30 - 17:00|