Within the framework of the European Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data, the DAMARTEX group is recruiting a Data Protection Officer.
The role will be based in Roubaix, Northern France with frequent travel to the Group’s subsidiaries (France, UK, Belgium & Germany) – you will need to be a great communicator with good use of verbal & written English and French.
• Inform and raise awareness by spreading a culture of “Protection of Personal Data” through the Group, both to the General Management of BUs and IT department & in the various business lines
• Ensure, in complete independence, compliance with the legal framework by informing, empowering and alerting, if necessary, the Group’s managers of any risk incurred in the processing of personnel data by the operational staff, subcontractors or service providers
• Analyse, investigate, audit and control the compliance with the legal framework and the good application of procedures, methods or instructions relating to the protection of the personal data:
• by conducting or controlling, in a controlled and independent manner, any action to judge the degree of compliance of the Group’s BUs
• by highlighting possible nonconformities to initiate corrective actions
• Establish and maintain the documentation relating to the processing of personal data implemented within the Group, and ensuring the accessibility of this documentation to the authorities in France, Belgium, UK and Germany
• Ensure the respect of the rights of the people concerned by the processing of personnel data within the group (customers and employees)
• Interact with key stakeholders in the Group, with the CNIL in France and other supervisory authorities in Belgium, UK and Germany
Essential experience and qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) and have extensive data protection / privacy experience gained in a legal or compliance position. You will also be highly skilled in Information Systems and quickly gain an understanding of the organisation, providing objective, independent and confidential advice.
If you think you have the required experience and skills and would like to be considered
for this position please complete the form below and/or send a copy of your CV and
covering letter to UKHRRecruitment@damart.com with DAMARTPM in the subject line