The role combines the effective maintenance and development of Damart sites, and health and safety compliance to provide a safe, comfortable and productive working environment for colleagues and visitors.
The Health and Safety and Facilities Manager key responsibilities includes;
- Plan and work with the facilities team to ensure all existing buildings are operational, implementing a regular maintenance programme to provide a suitable working environment.
- Provide project management and leadership to enable end to end process of projects and initiatives to be completed successfully, on time and within budget.
- Plan and direct essential central functions such as security, maintenance, waste disposal, recycling, cleaning and catering
- Provide advice and guidance, working in partnership with line managers, employees and external agencies to promote a positive Health and Safety culture in the workplace in line with current policies
- Carry out risk assessments and implement safe working practices in line with annual safety plan and testing schedule
- Maintain company insurance and car schemes including fleet management ensuring relevant cover is in place and meets the needs of the business and individual
Essential experience and qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have qualifications in Facilities Management (BIFM) and Health and Safety (NEBOSH or IOSH), and proven experience in both sectors, ideally in a similar environment including warehouse and/or contact centre.
You will be well organised and self-sufficient, with the ability to manage your own workload effectively with a proactive, methodical and confident approach.
Influencing and communicating with different levels of management across the business is essential.
Must be able to demonstrate experience with budget management, commercial awareness and project management particularly regarding building refurbishment and regulations.
|Contract Hours||37.5 Mon-Fri|