A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the Trading & Merchandise team; driving strategy and planning while delivering against all departmental KPI’s, including sales and service levels, stock and profit targets and margins. The role is also key in leading the support team, creating a motivated and successful team.
- Manage the departmental budget and develop strategies to deliver results.
- Create and deliver, with the Buyers, the department seasonal planning strategy in line with signed off targets.
- Work with Buyers to deliver mail plan range selection in line with agreed plans and budgets, with specific responsibility for range performance analysis and statistical forecasting at size, colour and style level.
- Lead weekly trading meetings with the Buyers to highlight concerns and opportunities in relation to service / stock levels / KPI’s and propose actions to minimise / maximise respectively.
- Responsible for proactively trading the department to ensure key KPI’s are met or exceeded.
- Maximise servicing of orders, whilst maintaining stock KPI targets, through accurate planning, demand forecasting and intake phasing.
- Prepare all departmental reporting as required and support with divisional reporting.
- Drive interaction with local and international supply chain to ensure effective resolution of supply chain issues and development/improvement of current department processes.
Essential skills and experience:
- The ideal candidate will have strong commercial experience and be able to evidence excellent understanding of merchandising, including range planning, WSSI management, line cards, forecasting processes and systems to a high standard.
- You will have the ability to demonstrate excellent leadership and coaching skills, promoting strong team spirit across the department.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of markets and conditions that drive customer expectations.
- Excellent excel skills.
- A skilled negotiator, communicator and influencer who takes a pro-active approach.
- You question, challenge and initiate change whilst still being aligned with the business goals and attitudes.
- Customer centric internally and externally.
- Passionate about product.
Educated to degree level.
As well as a rewarding career with learning and development opportunities, Damart
colleagues also receive:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Auto Enrolment Pension scheme
- Onsite free parking for colleagues at both sites
- Onsite subsidised canteen on both sites
- 50% colleague discount on all catalogue and shop products
- Colleague wellness programme
- Reward and Recognition scheme
- Discount Directory—a range of discounts at various local businesses
|Hours||37.5 hours per week|
|Pattern||Monday - Friday 08:30 - 17:00|