A fantastic opportunity for a proven Operation Shift Manager has arisen to join our Logistics Team. Taking operational control of all inbound and outbound areas, you will own and drive operational activity by being responsible for the cost, quality, service and people KPIs for the operation. Focusing on continuous improvement is also key, as is delivering against agreed company targets.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the operation by providing a hands-on and flexible approach to manage and take the operation forward.
- Set and agree Daily Plans with the Planning Team and communicate these effectively to manage the day to day running of the warehouse and ensure activities are co-ordinated.
- Responsible for the delivery of productivity and operational targets by identifying, communicating and driving SMART objectives and agreed KPIs to improve performance and contribute towards greater business profitability.
- Recommend and provide solutions for cost savings and improving efficiencies on service levels, ensuring these are implemented whilst also championing support teams in Lean and other key production practises.
- Ensure high standards of health and safety are maintained to keep the working environment safe and comfortable for all colleagues and promote a culture of adherence to company policies & procedures and external legislation.
- Lead and coach support teams to drive their development and create a successful, flexible and motivated team.
Essential experience and qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have experience of managing a fast paced, complex operational area and demonstrate great understanding of logistics / distribution systems and processes. You will be skilled in project management methodologies and implementing lean production practices. You will also have the ability to drive and motivate your team and thrive on working in a target focused environment.
What you can expect from us:
As well as a rewarding career with learning and development opportunities, Damart colleagues also receive a generous holiday allowance, auto-enrolment into the pension, onsite free parking, onsite subsidised canteen and 25% colleague discount on all catalogue and shop products.
|Contract Hours||37.5 Monday-Wednesday|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term 12 Months|