Role – Lead the UK marketing function, working in close collaboration with the Heads of E Commerce and Insight.
Reports to – UK Managing Director Direct Reports – 5 Managers and their teams
Our colleague lead working style is what sets us apart and we have some colleagues who have been with us for over 40+ years. Therefore, we want to give you the chance to speak to us about your own personal journey and what you’re looking for in your next role, whether that’s work-life balance, compensation package or development.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Home Shopping experience essential, but ideally multi-channel.
- Considerable knowledge of direct marketing techniques and customer file segmentation approaches gained in a medium to large multi-channel business:
- Customer recruitment and retention.
- Consumer marketing and mailings
- Promotions and Gifts
- Advertising and consumer communication
- Commercially savvy – P&L accountable.
- Budget planning – active contribution to annual business budget planning.
- Direct responsibility for Marketing budget planning and cost management. Managing a sizeable marketing expenditure Budget and maintaining oversight of the key external agency relationships.
- Experience of leading and driving multiple projects at a senior level.
- Hands on team leader skilled at managing a diverse team.
- A deliverer – someone who knows how to get things done.
- Experience of working within a matrix international organisation is desirable.
- Maintain the momentum in the team and ensure all the marketing initiatives are delivered on time and on budget.
- Then feel free to challenge and bring fresh perspective.
- To coach and lead the team and to also give an independent assessment on benchstrength, risks and opportunities.
- Key UK business priority areas for focus:
- Customer Segmentation – underway but needs fresh perspective and challenge.
- Consumer credit – contribute to the modernisation plans.
- Marketing plan modernisation – underway but needs fresh perspective.
- Customer recruitment modernisation – underway but again needs fresh perspective
- Change our World – continue to drive our CSR / sustainabiity agenda and initiatives.
- To contribute and participate in Damart Group marketing / commercial projects which could also entail some limited travel to our parent company in Lille France.
Key Measures of Performance:
- Customer and brand profitability
- File power – Customer file health –a key business KPI
- Budget control and delivery, measured by key business KPI of CDR
- Customer LTV / activation / response rates / demand rates in line with company targets
- Number of new customers and cost / investment
We want to make sure no one is put at a disadvantage during our recruitment process. To assist you with this, we will reduce or remove any barriers where possible and provide additional support where appropriate.