Damart can be found in the UK, France and Belgium, distributing products to over 10million customers worldwide. Damart are constantly adjusting collections to inspire fun, vitality, innovation and care, through products and our customer relationships. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, but so are our colleagues. We strive to make our workplace both inclusive and collaborative.
Come and join the Team – see what difference you can make.
Working closely with an experienced People team across all HR functions, you will manage the end to end recruitment processes, provide sound advice and coaching to managers and colleagues on a variety of Employee Relations queries such as absence management, performance management, misconduct and capability. You will also support on a range of People focused objectives that form part of the overall business strategy.
Damart has an operational and corporate employee base with a contact centre and distribution warehouse accounting for 2/3 of the workforce. This role will require you to adapt your style to provide the most effective support depending on what area of the business you are working with.
The role is fast paced and very busy so you will have to think on your feet and manage your own workload, we guarantee you won’t get bored!
- Managing recruitment campaigns, on-line recruitment, screening applicants, organising interviews and candidate administration including preparing and sending contracts, ensuring personnel files are up-to-date and contain the required documentation.
- Advising managers and colleagues on Employee Relations issues
- General management of the HR Confidential email inbox; answering queries and dealing with ad-hoc issues.
- Supporting managers with the planning and organisation of ER hearings, meetings and admin.
- Ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Generalist HR administration.
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate must have prior experience in a HR role with exposure to handling and managing Recruitment, large ER case loads and change management.
CIPD qualification is desirable, but not essential if you can demonstrate clear, up to date understanding of HR knowledge and legal considerations affecting employment and business.
Excellent time management and personal organisational skills are essential for managing the various workloads and excellent attention to detail is expected.
The ability to confidently communicate with various people across the business is essential.
You should be proficient in using Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and have excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
Previous experience of using the iTrent HR and Payroll system would be highly advantageous.
As well as a rewarding career working in a company and team that values and rewards your contribution, Damart colleagues also receive:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Auto Enrolment Pension scheme
- Onsite free parking for colleagues at both sites
- Onsite subsidised canteen on both sites
- 50% colleague discount on all catalogue and shop products
- Colleague wellness programme
- Reward and Recognition scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount Directory — a range of discounts at various local businesses
Please note – we have 2 roles available, one is 30 hours 10 months fixed term and one is 37.5 hours permanent. We will ask for your preference when we contact you.
|Hours||Full time, 37.5 hours per week|
|Pattern||Mon - Fri 08:30 - 17:00|
|Salary||£28,000 - £30,000|