We are hiring for 2 Warehouse Operatives who will have a key role within our logistics team based in Steeton. There are 2 shift patterns which each role will need to cover:
· Monday to Wednesday: 7am-7pm
· Thursday to Saturday: 7am-7pm
· Free onsite parking / 2-minute walk from Steeton train station
· Subsidised onsite canteen
· 50% Damart colleague discount
· Monthly staff sales
Damart was established over 60 years ago, famous for its Thermolactyl clothing technology, it is a leading retailer of fashion, footwear, and household products. Our products are currently marketed and sold through mail order catalogues and online, the proportions of which are changing to reflect the increased focus on the “next generation” customer.
About the role
You will be required to work both as a team and individually at different times, assisting in the management of the stock inventory for Damart UK via the warehouse management data systems, tools and processes.
You will report to the Stock and Systems Manager and some of your responsibilities will be to:
· Work closely with the team to implement stock management procedures
· Maximising stock accuracy via system checks and stock reconciliation
· Foster an open approach and communication style with peers and colleagues and challenge/investigate stock inaccuracies
· Work closely with the operations stock manager on sub projects to maintain stock files without compromising customer service
· Ensure Health and Safety policy and procedures are adhered to
· Perform other duties as reasonably requested by Stock manager
· Escalate issues straight to team leaders/managers
· Lead problem solving activities
· Support team to ensure continuous high-quality products
· Maintain a safe and clean workspace
· Basic IT skills on Excel and other systems (training will be provided)
We want to make sure no one is put at a disadvantage during our recruitment process. To assist you with this, we will reduce or remove any barriers where possible and provide additional support where appropriate.